Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The end of the EPIO

Okay, what about the EPIO? Should its demise be shown as a scene, or should it be referenced or hinted at on the TV program? Should the boss go to jail, or what?

7 comments:

Thomas Anne Walnut said...

I would think their demise should be shown in a scene- but that might take a lot of extras... so I guess it depends on how many extras we can get. The boss should go to jail- but you could show that on the tv.
Like In one scene different agents of the EPIO are caught and taken away by police/feds/whatev. Then it can switch to the story of everyone else, and after the story of everyone else on the tv, The reporter could say something like, And in other news, The Leader of the EPIO, or the (whatever EPIO stands for), has been sentenced to life in prison today (and maybe we could see the leader being led away handcuffed or something.

Caiti said...

I concur - having a whole scene for it would be cool, but would probably not work to the large amount of extras. I don't know how you're envisioning the EPIO, whether it's just a large group with one leader, or one person who is the brains of the organization who directs several team leaders or what. If you have several team leaders you could talk about the "upcoming trial" in the TV program. Ha - you could make it into a scandal, have Anne been some well respected scientist who then gets in trouble for working on the clones, but have her be innocent since she never worked with the clones, she just developed them for her sponsor, who just so happens to be the head of the EPIO. The story then leaks out...and I don't know, something big happens and the moral of the story is that all the EPIO leaders go to jail without bail (I'm a oet and I didn't even know it - I know, "so eigth grade" as Amy would say :). Anyway, Anne, being the reclusive scientist that she is, is traumatized by the whole thing and goes into rehab. The clones watch the story on the TV and we go on from there.

Ah, the rambling, jumbled thoughts of my mind. Hopefully it all made sense. :)

Anna B said...

Hmmm...good ideas...
I think I like Anne's idea better though...having the EPIO as the head of the clone program would totally RUIN the entire plot, because they would already know about me, and therefore nothing would work. I hate to break it to you Carleen, but, it ain't gonna work.
Anne's idea definitely fits more with what I had been imagining originally.

(and I believe she meant "poet")

Anonymous said...

I'm going to assume Alex is the head of the EPIO?

(He's willing to be anyway...)

Anna B said...

No, Alex is not the head of the EPIO. Even though he could be good, we need someone who looks like Elisha's dad or older brother...which Alex doesn't.

Caiti said...

Like I said, the rambling, jumbled thoughts o' my mind. Angie, I totally agree about Anna stealing your nickname for me. If she feels the intense desire to call me Carleen she must furnish a nickname for herself that I can use. I have to much of a mental block for Roger, was not part of Indianna, and don't remember all of Theodore Rex (which I wasn't part of either). So Anna, what do you have to say for yourself, if you even read this post?

As to the head of the EPIO, it could be an interesting twist if instead of having an older guy play that role, have a girl do it. I'm thinking a "daddy's girl" sort of person, "daddy" being the one who created the EPIO. Elisha, being the renegade that he is, disappoints his father, and therefore is not allowed to have any part in the running of the company. The sister is the one in charge, creating possible tension there. I don't know, it was a thought that emerged from the fog of my brain. btw, probably won't be on until after the show...wonder why...

Anna B said...

Uh....no.
I definitely want the head of the EPIO to be a man, especially if it's the whole big armchair, fireplace and cigar kind of agency.