Scene 2
Cyrus and Buck ride across a field. Hazel, who is riding ahead of them, slows down and stops. Cyrus and Buck ride up to her.
Hazel – Cyrus! Buck! I didn’t expect you so soon.
Buck – Well, here we are! Now which way did Patch go?
Hazel points.
Hazel – They aren’t too far ahead of us.
Cyrus – Good. Buck, can you go water our horses by that stream? I want to talk to Hazel.
Buck – Sure.
They dismount. Buck leads the horses off, and Cyrus and Hazel walk off in another direction.
Cyrus – Hazel.
Hazel – Yeah?
Cyrus – I don’t think you should have come.
Hazel – Why not?
Cyrus – It’s just not a girl’s place to go running into danger.
Hazel – But my sister’s in trouble!
Cyrus – I know. And I understand how you love adventure. But Buck and I are here. We can try to rescue Maybelle, but you really should be at home with Morgan.
Hazel – Oh yeah.
Cyrus – Do you hear what I’m saying? God has given men and women different roles. And while I think it’s fine for you to have some adventure, you shouldn’t stick your nose into danger when there are men around to do it for you.
Hazel – Okay.
Cyrus – Let’s go find Buck.
Jed – Hold it right there.
Jed, Crane, and Guy 1 step out from behind some trees or rocks with their guns drawn.
Jed – Drop your weapons.
Cyrus and Hazel drop their guns and put their hands up. Guy 1 goes and picks up the guns. Cyrus presses his heel into the dirt in a triangle pattern.
Crane – Come on, this way.
Cyrus and Hazel start walking, and Jed, Crane, and Guy 1 drive them deeper into the woods. Buck, meanwhile, can’t figure out what happened to Cyrus and Hazel. He searches for a while, then finally sees the triangle of heel-prints.
Buck – So they’ve been captured too. I guess it’s all up to me. What do you think, Bullet? Good idea, let’s go.
Buck leads the horses off.
Fade out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment