Scene 4
Morgan is out sweeping the front porch. While her back is turned, Crane creeps out around the side, sneaks up to her, and grabs her. Morgan struggles.
Morgan – Crane, what do you want?
Crane – I thought you might want to witness your sister’s wedding.
Morgan looks horrified, and Crane drags her off.
Cut to:
Cyrus, Hazel, and the parson are sitting down with their hands tied. Jed comes by with three bowls of stew.
Jed – Here. Dig in.
Parson – Thank you.
They awkwardly begin to eat.
Hazel – Cyrus.
Cyrus – What?
Hazel – Maybelle was singing as she made the eggs this morning. She might have found some venison in the pantry. (Subtitle: Maybelle looks happy. I think she was able to talk to Buck.)
Cyrus – Really? (You think so?)
Hazel – Maybelle and venison can do great things together. (They probably made a plan of some sort.)
The parson and Jed look confused. Cyrus and Hazel keep eating and talking.
Cyrus – Do you think the wedding will interrupt her plans for cooking? (I wonder if we’ll get out of here before the wedding or after.)
Hazel – Well with her, you never know, but it seems probable. (I don’t know, but I hope it’s soon.)
Cyrus – Yeah. (I couldn’t agree more.)
Parson – Well… that was delicious. My compliments to the chef.
Jed – Yeah, whatever.
Jed takes their bowls away. Cyrus and Hazel smile. Then Crane walks in with Morgan.
Hazel – Morgan!
Cyrus – Welcome to the party. I thought you might be coming.
Morgan is kind of confused by Cyrus’s indifference to the situation. Crane throws her down on the ground next to Hazel, then ties her hands. Then he stands up.
Crane – You all will want to get some sleep for the wedding.
Morgan – So it is happening?
Cyrus nods.
Cyrus – Tomorrow at 1:30.
Crane walks off.
Hazel – Don’t worry, Morgan, Maybelle knows what she’s doing.
Morgan – Oh Hazel!
Hazel puts her arms around Morgan, and Morgan leans her head on Hazel’s shoulder.
Hazel – It’s okay, Morgan, it’s going to turn out all right.
Fade out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Morgan actually might not be in this part of the episode, depending on the film schedule.
Post a Comment