Scene 5
Hazel wakes up the next morning with Morgan still asleep. However, Cyrus and the parson are whispering excitedly. Cyrus sees her, smiles, and goes back to whispering. Finally he turns to her.
Cyrus – Don’t worry about doing anything today, we’ve got it all under control.
Hazel – Three o’clock.
Cyrus wipes the happy look off his face and turns around to see Guy 1 walking towards them. He looks back at Hazel and winks.
Cyrus – Man, this rope is rubbing my wrists raw. I don’t know if I can take it any more. (to Guy 1) When did you say the wedding is going to be?
Guy 1 – 1:30.
Hazel groans.
Hazel – And we’re going to just sit here until then?
Guy 1 – Look, I wouldn’t complain if I were you. Maybelle insisted on a proper wedding, and that takes time to prepare.
Cut to:
Crane and Jed are walking through the woods picking flowers for bouquets.
Crane – Now how did we get stuck with this job?
Jed – Patch wanted this wedding first class. I guess we’re the only ones he trusted to do a good job.
Crane – Right… and he left the ‘untrustworthy’ ones back to watch the prisoners?
Jed – Sure.
They continue picking.
Jed – No, your flowers are too lopsided. They need to be arranged neatly, like this.
Crane – Oh, be quiet.
Jed – I’m serious. Like I said, Patch wants a first-class wedding. Now how can it be first-class when the bouquets are lopsided?
Crane – Bouquets?
Jed – Bunches of flowers. These things.
Crane – You’re just mad because I’m the best man and not you.
Jed – Now how come you’re the best man? It’s not like you’re any better than me.
Crane – See what I mean? You’re jealous.
Jed – Of course I’m jealous! Now straighten out those flowers!
Crane – No! Nobody don’t tell me what to do!
Patch – Really?
Crane and Jed look up to see Patch standing there.
Crane – Oh hello Patch. How are you feeling?
Jed – Mr. Patch, sir, Crane was making a messy bouquet. I was just…
Patch – What’s a bouquet?
Jed – A bunch of flowers, sir, like you told us to make.
Patch – Ah yes. Crane, straighten out that…bouquet of flowers and get back to camp.
Patch walks off. Jed looks triumphantly at Crane, who glares back.
Jed – Ha ha ha.
Crane – Ah whatever.
Crane starts to fix the bouquet.
Fade out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment