You probably haven't even really looked much at my post about filming locations, because it's down below the screenplay...but if you could look it over and let me know if you know of anywhere that would work, that would be great!
8 comments:
Anonymous
said...
We could use the events center for training and the basement at Snady Cove during the Youth Retreat as the EPIO base.
I think it would be cool if the EPIO base was something a little fancier and plush. This would form a good contrast with the bleakness of the clone base. Like what if their base was simply someone's house? It would have to be quite a nice, large house, but it would be cool if these bad guys weren't evil scientists but more like a type of wicked aristocracy. They could always be sitting in large chairs by a fireplace, smoking cigars or drinking whiskey. It would at least be visually interesting and the location would possibly be easier to obtain.
I don't know about the overpass scene and the alley scene because we could get in pretty big trouble for having fake guns in places like that. If we ask the police for permission, they'll require that we have insurance, so I don't think we can do that, but if we don't ask, we could possibly get shot! Basically, we need to find an alley that is in the middle of nowhere and we need to find an overpass where there will be no one driving. I'll keep my eyes open, but I think we should consider other possibilities for these scenes.
Thanks for the ideas... Um, NO to the events center. It's FAR too recognizable. I like the idea of having the EPIO at someone's house. It would definitely make it easier to pull off, but I'm not so sure about the cigars and whiskey... As for the underpass and alley...yeah they're going to be challenging. But I'd really like to have them if at all possible. Could we just kind of have people standing around with signs saying "we're filming here, don't panic"?
Are you willing to look around in Mount Airy? There might be some overpasses/abandoned alleys up there that won't be very recognizable...then again, I'm not in Mount Airy much anymore...maybe somewhere in Frederick co., or Anne Arundal? how far out do we want to look?
As to the EPIO base in a house - totally. With overstuffed armchairs, dark color schemes(like burgundy and dark leather), old pictures (portraits?), a roaring fire, and cigars (not neccessarily smoked)in a gold cigar case. Okay, maybe not all that, but something along those lines - I vote yes. Now the question is where?
Um I deff like the idea of using someone's house. Kind of like in the Sting when Robert Redford is viseting the bad guy (whose name has escaped me.)....just modern.
I can almost bet money on an abandoned alley or overpass in Frederick....
Can we just stay away from using CLC in general? Everyone would know.
How real are these guns gonna look? And...is the the main bad guy, (the EPIO guy.) casted yet? I am having trouble picturing him....
Ok well let's give a definite 'yes' to having the EPIO in a house...I'm liking the idea more and more. And definitely let's look in Frederick for the underpass and alley. It doesn't matter if it's in a totally deserted place; we can fill the streets with extras if we need to.
8 comments:
We could use the events center for training and the basement at Snady Cove during the Youth Retreat as the EPIO base.
There is a big gym at the fairgrounds that we could use as well...
I think it would be cool if the EPIO base was something a little fancier and plush. This would form a good contrast with the bleakness of the clone base. Like what if their base was simply someone's house? It would have to be quite a nice, large house, but it would be cool if these bad guys weren't evil scientists but more like a type of wicked aristocracy. They could always be sitting in large chairs by a fireplace, smoking cigars or drinking whiskey. It would at least be visually interesting and the location would possibly be easier to obtain.
I don't know about the overpass scene and the alley scene because we could get in pretty big trouble for having fake guns in places like that. If we ask the police for permission, they'll require that we have insurance, so I don't think we can do that, but if we don't ask, we could possibly get shot!
Basically, we need to find an alley that is in the middle of nowhere and we need to find an overpass where there will be no one driving. I'll keep my eyes open, but I think we should consider other possibilities for these scenes.
Thanks for the ideas...
Um, NO to the events center. It's FAR too recognizable.
I like the idea of having the EPIO at someone's house. It would definitely make it easier to pull off, but I'm not so sure about the cigars and whiskey...
As for the underpass and alley...yeah they're going to be challenging. But I'd really like to have them if at all possible. Could we just kind of have people standing around with signs saying "we're filming here, don't panic"?
Are you willing to look around in Mount Airy? There might be some overpasses/abandoned alleys up there that won't be very recognizable...then again, I'm not in Mount Airy much anymore...maybe somewhere in Frederick co., or Anne Arundal? how far out do we want to look?
As to the EPIO base in a house - totally. With overstuffed armchairs, dark color schemes(like burgundy and dark leather), old pictures (portraits?), a roaring fire, and cigars (not neccessarily smoked)in a gold cigar case. Okay, maybe not all that, but something along those lines - I vote yes. Now the question is where?
Um I deff like the idea of using someone's house. Kind of like in the Sting when Robert Redford is viseting the bad guy (whose name has escaped me.)....just modern.
I can almost bet money on an abandoned alley or overpass in Frederick....
Can we just stay away from using CLC in general? Everyone would know.
How real are these guns gonna look?
And...is the the main bad guy, (the EPIO guy.) casted yet? I am having trouble picturing him....
Ok well let's give a definite 'yes' to having the EPIO in a house...I'm liking the idea more and more.
And definitely let's look in Frederick for the underpass and alley. It doesn't matter if it's in a totally deserted place; we can fill the streets with extras if we need to.
Post a Comment