Scene 1
The Brodies’ car drives along the road during the opening credits. Hazel is singing a trail song, while Maybelle and Morgan are harmonizing and singing along. Cyrus and Buck ride up on their horses. Maybelle stops the car and they get out.
Cyrus – Well howdy there, ladies.
Morgan – Howdy, stranger.
Buck – Well if I aint much mistaken, (to Cyrus) aint they the strangers?
Cyrus nods.
Maybelle – True enough. We cleared out of Willow Creek when trouble a-started. We’re hoping to open a tavern out here.
Cyrus – Is that so? It seems like Lakeville here could use a tavern.
Buck – Trouble? What kind of trouble?
Hazel – An outlaw there took hisself a liking to Maybelle here. Oh, I’m sorry, we aint even been introduced. I’m Hazel Brodie. These are my sisters, Maybelle and Morgan.
Cyrus – I’m pleased to meet you. I’m Cyrus Grant. This here’s my partner.
Buck – Buck McCain.
Maybelle – So you two live around here?
Buck – Sure thing. We got us a nice little ranch about a mile from here.
Cyrus – Course there aint much stock on it right now. We’ve just come back from a cattle drive.
Morgan – Sounds dandy, to live on a ranch and all.
Cyrus – Say, have you thought of anywhere that you might set up a tavern yet?
Maybelle – No, we aint even barely seen the country yet.
Cyrus – Well, we’ve got a nice big house on the property. You could use all but a couple of rooms for the tavern, and we would get free room and board. How does it sound?
Buck – It sounds mighty nice to me to have some decent cooking around here.
Morgan – Kin we?
Hazel – Oh come on, Maybelle.
Maybelle – Well how can I refuse terms like those? It’s a deal.
Cyrus – Come on then, I’ll show you the way.
Buck – We’ll show you the way, you mean.
Everyone laughs, the girls get into the car, and everyone rides off.
Fade out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
CAn we get rid of the "If I ain't much mistaken" part of Buck's 1st line- he could just look confused and then shoot the 2nd part of the line- it seems a bit awkward/ trying too hard to be funny.
thanks, I'll do that.
Post a Comment