Monday, April 23, 2007

Episode 1 Scene 2

Scene 2
Cyrus and Buck are teaching Hazel how to shoot.

Cyrus – Okay, let’s try it again. But remember, you don’t pull the trigger, you squeeze it.

Hazel shoots.

Cyrus – Not bad.

Buck – Course, I could shoot that well ever since I was knee high to a grasshop…

Cyrus – Buck!

Buck - …A, a polar bear.

Hazel – Really?

Buck – Sure as I’m standing here.

Hazel – Then you’ve shrunk.

Cyrus laughs.

Buck – Wait, what?

Maybelle steps out on the porch, sweeping. Morgan follows.

Morgan – Kin I please go out to shoot with Hazel?

Maybelle – Morgan, you don’t need to learn how to shoot.


Morgan – But I’m thirteen, and this here’s the wild west!

Buck – So they’re coming at me like this, see…

Buck turns his back to an invisible enemy.

Buck - …and then I hear the whisper of the pistol creeping out of the holster, and I…

Buck spins around and fires a shot.

Buck – Now that… is what I’m talking about.

Buck holds his gun up and blows across the top. It whistles.

Maybelle – See? If it was just us living here, and you were a little older, I’d be happy for you to learn how to shoot. But we have Cyrus and Buck to protect us. Hazel’s just learning in case they’re not there.

Morgan – Oh, okay.

Maybelle – Can you help me haul the rugs out here to shake?

Maybelle and Morgan go inside. Cyrus, Buck, and Hazel continue to shoot. Then all of a sudden, three guns get stuck to their backs.

Man 1 – All right, put those hands up.

Man 2 – And drop those guns!

Cyrus, Buck, and Hazel drop their guns, put their hands up, and turn around.

Cyrus – You aint no outlaws. What do you want?

Man 1 – Is them your horses?

Cyrus – Why yes.

Buck – Why would you care?

Man 1 – Cause you’re being arrested for horse-stealing.

Cyrus – Well we’ve got papers for those horses!

The men are starting to tie Cyrus, Buck, and Hazel up.

Man 2 – No, not for stealing those horses.

Maybelle and Morgan run out of the house.

Maybelle – What are you doing?

Man 1 – I’ll tell you what we’re doing.

Man 1 pulls a reward paper out of his pocket and hands it to Maybelle.

Man 1 – These three were seen stealing a herd of horses off of old Tom’s ranch last night.

Maybelle – Well how do you know it was them?

Man 2 – Them three horses are the ones that was seen. Two duns and a paint.

Man 1 – Now if you’ll excuse us, we’ve gotta go.

Hazel – Don’t worry, Maybelle. The Sheriff will do the right thing.

Man 3 – Yeah, string you all up for buzzard food.

Cyrus – Sure, if that’s what we deserve.

Man 1 – Come on.

Fade out

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have pretty much finished storyboarding this scene.

The Perducer said...

yeah!!!!!!!!

The Little Tin Man said...

where is scene 1! name me templeton for bad guy and Chester for goood.